Now Is All the Time We Have
- This may be the day the Lord returns.
A dying girl said to her father, “Father, why didn’t you tell me there was such a place?” “What place?” “A hell!” “Jenny,” he said, “there is no such place. God is merciful. There will be no future suffering.” She said, “I know better! I’m slipping into eternity this moment. I am lost! Why did you not tell me there was such a place?”
We do not want to be accused one day of not having told others, that will be a witness against us.
Psalms 118:24 ASV
(24) This is the day which Jehovah hath made; We will rejoice and be glad in it.
The thought surely includes rejoicing in the return of the Lord. If I really believe Christ will return today, I’ll live differently than I ever have, seeking to affect others for Christ. Nobody knows when He will return, so we should live each day as though He will come back today.
- Use time wisely, make the most of every opportunity.
Colossians 4:2-6 ASV
(2) Continue stedfastly in prayer, watching therein with thanksgiving;
(3) withal praying for us also, that God may open unto us a door for the word, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds;
(4) that I may make it manifest, as I ought to speak.
(5) Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time.
(6) Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer each one.
- Don’t make excuses be involved in the lives of those outside the Lord. Pray daily that God will keep alive in your heart a picture of those who are outside Christ as being lost.
- Treat everyone as if you’ll never see them again. If we don’t take for granted that we’ll have time in the future, our treatment of each other will be improved. Use the time NOW to share a little about Jesus, for you may not have another opportunity.
1 Thessalonians 5:2 ASV
(2) For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
If we truly believe NOW is all the time we have, there will be a difference in our lives.
It’s great to be part of the family of God.