- Because it denies the reality of God’s sovereignty by affirming the existence of luck or chance.
- Because it is built on irresponsible stewardship tempting people to throw away their money.
- Because it erodes a biblical work ethic by demeaning and displacing hard work as the proper means for one’s livelihood.
- Because it is driven by the sin of covetousness tempting people to give in to their greed.
- Because it is built on the exploitation of others often taking advantage of poor people who think they can gain instant wealth.
1 Timothy 6:9-10
9 But those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a snare and many foolish and harmful desires which plunge men into ruin and destruction.
10 For the love of money is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.